Do you know how an Eco Trap works?
Here is how it works:
1. Urine flows into the drain insert of the EcoTrap®.
2. Inside of the EcoTrap the urine moves through a floating layer of proprietary immiscible BlueSeal® liquid, which creates a barrier, preventing sewer gases and urine odors from entering the restroom area.
3. The urine below the BlueSeal barrier over spills into the central tube and travels down into the drain line.
4. Approximately 1500 sanitary uses are possible with just 3 ounces of BlueSeal. When the BlueSeal liquid is gone, it is simply replenished. This only takes about 20 seconds to perform and the EcoTrap is not touched.
5. Urine sediments are retained within the EcoTrap. Replacement is easy and need only be done 2 to 4 times per year depending on traffic to the urinal. A tool called the X-Traptor® must be used to remove the EcoTrap. The use of the special tool helps to minimize vandalism. The entire process of replacement only takes 3 to 4 minutes.